Join us! We have immediate openings for:
The Executive Director seeks an experienced and motivated professional to work closely with the residents and staff of Joseph’s House in providing a safe, Catholic Christian home, and a firm but loving atmosphere. The position requires an individual who is motivated to work with residents and staff from varying backgrounds, educations and cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in teaching individuals and small groups.
- Dedication and full support of the mission of Joseph’s House.
- Experience in providing direct supervision over other employees.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license.
- Assists in the fulfillment of the Joseph’s House Mission and exercises good stewardship in all tasks and activities.
- Practices Catholic faith, and displays an operative understanding of the precepts of the Catholic Church.
- Completes the Intake process in collaboration with the Case Manager.
- Manage the household operations budget, ensure proper food supply and properly manage JH funds.
- Enforce all household policies and procedures and work closely with residents and staff to achieve safety and compliance.
- Hire, schedule, train and supervise all household staff to ensure successful operation of the house.
- Ensure that any local, state or federal safety regulations are met and maintained in the house.
- Establish and oversee a routine maintenance schedule and manage all maintenance emergencies as they arise.
All applicants must be mission-driven, flexible, and willing to self-motivate. Applicants must be willing and able to work closely with other team members and volunteers and collaborate regularly with internal staff and board members, demonstrating an ability to lead and coordinate as work is delegated.
Weekend Resident Assistant
This is a weekend position. You must be available approximately every other Saturday and Sunday for 8 hr shifts. Responsibilities include: making sure residents complete chores before leaving the house; advising residents with cooking, cleaning, and childcare; and light housework. Applicants should be comfortable being the person in charge during their shift. Must be responsible, dependable, and willing to work with women and children from all backgrounds. Must also be able uphold the mission and values of Joseph’s House.